Thursday 20 October 2011

Names and type

Tried to come up with a name using formulas, the commonly known e=mc2 but trying to relate this to baking terms. I then moved away from this and looking at the words I had previously associated with the two themes.





I kept changing my mind on the name as nothing seemed right, it was really frustrating wasting time on coming up with a name when I wanted and needed to get on with designing. I looked back at the research I had done and came up with 'geometric cakes' playing on the phrase, geometric shapes.
I then did some more research into geometry and angles etc as I want the whole brand to revolve around the idea of the cake slice being the geometric shape. I drew some mathematical diagrams and thought about how I could relate these in my designs. I thought about extending the lines of the drawings to place type on like titles for letter heads or compliment slips.

No comments:

Post a Comment