Thursday 6 October 2011

Taking ideas onto illustrator

I've been playing around a bit on Illutrator and creating some of my ideas digitally and just drawing some associated items.



 I played around with creating some outlines of objects which relate to the cake theme like sppons and bowls. Just to practise my Illustrator skills really and play around with some possible imagery.

 I've taken this idea from my inititial drawings, I thought it solved the problem because it combines the two elements of cake and the letter M. However I really don't like it. I was trying so hard to combine these two elements and ended up using more imagery than I anticipated. Having just had a presentation from Joe Gilmore I am clear that I want to be more type driven. I am not against using image but if I do I want to keep it simplistic and still typographic.

This logo has an element of tpye in it with the M but I don't think this is too apparent, also I really don't like the style of the M I created. I think I can either go back and try and make it more simplistic and not so thin and ugly or just go back and think of some more type based ideas. However I am worried that for the type of business I am branding for that it needs to have a stronger image based identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment