Monday 10 January 2011

Disperse- spiral

One of my storyboard ideas was to have the word 'disperse' sprialling around and then the letters to gradually spin out and 'disperse' from each other.

I looked at a couple of effects, spiral in and spiral exit and tried it on a basic line of words. I really like the spiral out and I think it represents my word well I just want to try and make the start more interesting instead of having disperse in a line. 





I created a spiral path for the text to work along as this was my initial storyboard idea, I then tried the spiral out effect on it. I don't think it represents what I want it to represent, disperse so I'm going to try some other effects on it.



Untitled from Sophie Herring on Vimeo.


I found that I could have the letters 'raining in' and this is exactly the kind of thing I want, for the letters to gradually come break apart, the only thing is I need to reverse it so they break apart instead of coming in.






Untitled from Sophie Herring on Vimeo.

So for some reason it only last about 2/3 seconds, I need to extend it to the full 5 seconds, figure out how to reverse it and make the spiral appear rather than just be there when it starts.


Eventually, I've figured out what I wanted to do, I can now change the key frames to last the whole of the animation but I want it to spiral in or scale up so the spiral isn't just there when the animation starts,







Untitled from Sophie Herring on Vimeo.

Experimentation

Untitled from Sophie Herring on Vimeo.


Untitled from Sophie Herring on Vimeo.

CRIT- feedback and action plan


1 comment:

  1. You've clearly put a lot of effort into your work on photoshop before putting it onto AE, this shows because your work is very neat and thought out. Perhaps you could do some more storyboards for the other words you chose and try a few videos for those. I also think you would benefit from making some videos that do not use the AE preset effects. Try a few variations with the colour and fonts. Its great you have tried different compositions and not just stuck with your word static in the middle.

    ReplyDelete