Saturday 29 January 2011

Flag and type (Dead Man's Shoes ident)




I've just tried to include the flag into my ident by it transforming in separately and the layers coming together to create the flag but I don't think I like how it flows, I might try it fading in instead.

Here I've played with the opacity so that the flag flashes in and out with fast changes in the opacity lasting as long as the drawing, this lasts for nine seconds, I also need to include the title of the programme etc and other information I'm including.




I've started to play around with introducing type, the content is a quote about the film, how many stars it is given, the title of the film, the title of the top 10 programme and the channel 4 logo which the programme will be aired. I've tried using the British colours from the colours I experimented with just because there is a lot of black and white although the flag is flashing in and out in the background the opacity is never more than 50%. Therefore I think this is important to emphasise the British theme and to bring some colour to it generally.









Looking at this I think the type definitely needs to be on screen for a bit longer to ensure it can be read and isn't missed out.

With the channel 4 logo

Something I also need to consider is the time that the programme is going to be shown, this is pretty vital information.

This is my first try with audio, its a song called 'Painted glass' by Gavin Clark, an artist that Shane Meadows has used in his films so I think it's an appropriate song. I've made it fade in and out at the beginning and at the end. I'll probably try it with some other songs but this is one I looked at on my design context which seems to fit with the pace.


I think the audio maybe needs some alterations but it's just a trial also I think I want the flag to appear more at some points just for a tiny bit but as it stands it is quite faded but I want this to go in and out

No comments:

Post a Comment