Wednesday 4 May 2011

Concept crit

Brief

This is the brief I'm basing mine on, the Mutton Quad restaurant branding, however I don't want mine to be a typographic restaurant, I'm going to use type within my work but not base the content on typographic terms like this asks.
I need to re-write this again after changing my idea but this is the basis, the title is stupid but it gives the idea of what I want to do, brand a restaurant and create promotional material for it. I know I need to make more decisions though hopefully the crit will make things more clear.



Research sheets

Looking into interior and concept stores and how a brand works across a range 

With regards to food I started to look at Nandos as they successfully brand themselves with a playful tone of voice and make use of puns and language which is where I want to head with mine

I also looked at successful promotion which is interactive and playful like these business cards and the stationary for stack and how the letter arrangement is so simple but works so well

Feedback
After the crit I am more clear of where I want to go and how to create a range which isn't obvious and standard. I'm going to look at different markets and how I can target them with language etc and see how it will differ. I need more of a theme and range to the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment