Friday 27 May 2011

End of module evaluation OUGD203

This module has been one of my favourites as we have been able to steer towards the area of design that we have interest in. I think this has helped also by me starting to find where I want to head with my design.
I believe my skills with group work have improved, I really enjoyed the collaborative brief because Kim and I have similar interests and wanted to create the same kind of work. This was the first brief on the course where I have been happy with the outcome. I believe this module has allowed me to develop my type and layout skills further, carrying on from the type module and also build upon my print skills.

My research methods admittedly could have been broader within the design practice brief especially, although I think that I am looking at more relevant context work possibly. With the Fedrigoni brief we were able to gain some of the actual stock which helped develop our work as we new what we were working with.

Within Fedrigoni brief I believe my strengths were generating ideas, Kim and I seemed to bounce ideas off each other and helped each other out with designs etc, whilst one of use did one thing the other did something else so we weren't wasting time. I think my strengths also included keeping on top of work, being organised, improving my Indesign skills, type and layout. Within the design practice brief I think a strength was knowing exactly the areas of design I wanted to work with and knowing subjects I have interest in also. I was really happy with the outcome of the Fedrigoni brief and the way we photographed the end products so I think this is another strength and from here I knew the kind of work i wanted to create. Something I've noticed within myself is my confidence and contribution to crits has improved, they used to be something I was always anxious about but during this module I have overcome this a little and improved my skills.

A weakness within the design practice brief was definitely not listening with regards to screen printing, I was determined to use this method but it turned it i wasted a lot of time and it didn't work out. I also think I have been less organised within this brief and leaving things until the last minute which I don't usually do.

Next time I would listen to advice about not screen printing, experiment more with stock, try to create a more professional finish on all products and possibly use the help of a professional photographer to help me document my final products.

Attendance-5
Punctuality-5
Motivation-4
Commitment-4
Quality of work-3
Quantity of work-3

No comments:

Post a Comment