Wednesday 25 May 2011

Invitation

I wanted to make the invitation more interactive so that it is intriguing when customers recieve it. I cam up with the idea of ties or shirts and collars and maybe the shirt being the envelope for the invitation.

I was talking to Steph about my idea and she showed me some origami shirt man she said she's always known how to do so I looked it up and it was so easy to make and hopefully with the right stock and colours etc I can make it look fitting with my audience and brand.

I then tried it with my stock I have used for all products, it was more difficult to fold but using a knife if I score the folds they will be much cleaner and neater

I added some pinstripes to keep the brand running but when printed and folded these didn't have the same feel as I had previosuly been going for, they made the shirt look more like a baseball shirt.


I then tried stripes closer together like the actual invitation and the business card and it appeared to look better, more like pinstripes rather than baseball shirt and hopefully more stylish.
 This is how the invitation would slot into the invation and how it unfolds
This how the invitation package would look when folded up, with the invitation next to it they work together with the same thin stripes, I think this works a lot better than the stripes further apart

No comments:

Post a Comment