Wednesday 2 November 2011

Packaging

Some of the feedback from the crit was to maybe look at other shapes so I have started looking at more complicated 3D shapes this would relate to the stlye and shape of the loyalty card. Also if I included different shapes it will hoepfully focus on the geometric side of the brand.

I looked into a octahedron first of all which would have eight sides like two pyramids together but this wouldn't work for the packaging of a cake as it doesn't sit flat and so would either need an insert or to be changed.

I then looked into a dodecahedron which includes 12 5 sided faces, I thought this shape was more interesting and would work well because it its flat and would be interactive and interesting to hold or recieve as you packaging for a cake.

photo of design sheet


I made a basic net for the packaing, the tabs will probably need some altering, but I made it and printed it just tosee the size when put together and if it was feasable for a cake package.


 I really like the shape of the package and that it is quite unique for a package design but hopefully it fits well with the brand

I added some of the 8 colours I have been using consistently throughout the brand, 6 repreated colours.

 I did a quick mock up just to see how the colours work, I am thinkin that possibly more of the 8 colours need to be used to keep it consistent and also some tabe will need to be altered for actually use as a package and to increase the ease and speed of using the packaging.




No comments:

Post a Comment