Wednesday 2 November 2011

Receipt holder

Another product I am producing for the range is a receipt holder along with receipts. It may not be important to keep hold of the receipt for a cake shop but I think it will add to the brand and add to the consistency. I drew down some ideas of different style and shapes which I could use, keeping the brand in mind.
I decided on this two triangles which slot together to create a square which the receipt sits inside the two traingles.


I played with the idea of the scale again, this time down the side like a graph scale. 
I then decided to play around with geometric patterns like I had looked at in my research and using the 8 consistent colours created triangular patterns using 4 sets of 2 colours and repeated this.
I really like this kind of pattern  and think it brightens up the theme of maths.
For the back I picked out the colours used in the pattern and am going to create a series of 3 or 4.

Mock ups



 I really like the way they slot together, this was a bit of a tight fit so needs to be enlarged slightly but still needs to be quite tight so that it doesn't just slide off, I'll also have to cinsider the stock and give way for folds if it's thicker.


No comments:

Post a Comment